Granite VNA News
July 15, 2021
Granite VNA Seeks Hospice Volunteers
CONCORD, N.H. – Granite VNA is seeking volunteers for kitchen assistance, companionship and respite, as well as Reiki/Massage Therapists and hair stylists, to offer support to hospice patients in the Concord, Laconia, and Wolfeboro areas. The next eight-week training session is a combination of virtual and in-person meetings on Wednesdays starting September 15 from 5 to 7:30 p.m. at Granite VNA, 30 Pillsbury Street in Concord.
Hospice volunteers assist with:
• Offering caregiver respite
• Reading to hospice patients
• Holding a hand and lending a listening ear
• Running errands for hospice patients
• Cooking meals at Hospice House
• Providing pet therapy, music therapy, and therapeutic arts
• Giving Reiki, Massage, or Therapeutic Touch
• Assisting staff with office work (e.g. filings, mailings)
• Facilitating grief support groups
To join us for an informational session on Tuesday, July 27 from 6 to 7 p.m. or for more information, please call (603) 224-4093, ext. 2826 or e-mail email@example.com or call (603) 524-8444, ext. 2378 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit a volunteer application is Monday, August 2.