Notice Of Privacy Practices
The privacy practices, designed to protect the privacy, use and disclosure of protected health information, are clearly delineated in the agency's Notice of Privacy Practices, which was developed and is used in accordance to Federal requirements.
- The privacy practices are described in the Notice of Privacy Practices.
- The privacy practices and requirements are further detailed in the agency's privacy policies and procedures guidelines.
- The Notice of Privacy Practices is given to all patients no later than the date of the first delivery of service.
- A good faith effort is made to obtain written acknowledgment of the patient's receipt of the agency's Notice of Privacy Practices.
- When written acknowledgement of the patient's receipt of the Notice cannot be obtained, there is documentation to explain efforts made to obtain it and the reason(s) why it was not obtained.
- The Notice of Privacy Practices is available to anyone who requests it.
- The Notice of Privacy Practices will be revised as needed to reflect any changes in the agency's privacy practices. Revisions to the Notice will not be implemented prior to the effective date of the revised notice.
- When revisions to the Notice of Privacy Practices are necessary, all current patients, employees, and business associates will receive a revised copy with notation of the changes made.
- The Privacy Official retains copies of the original Notice of Privacy Practices and any subsequent revisions for a period of six (6) years from the date of its creation or when it was last in effect, whichever is later.
- Documentation is retained for six (6) years of the patient's written acknowledgement of receipt of agency's Notice of Privacy Practices or of efforts made to obtain this written acknowledgement and the reason(s) why it was not obtained.
- All employees and business associates of the Agency are required to adhere to the privacy practices as detailed in the Notice of Privacy Practices, privacy policies and procedures and business associate contracts.
- Violations of the Agency's privacy practices will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment or contracts
The Notice of Privacy Practices is prominently displayed and available electronically on the Agency's website
The Notice of Privacy Practices is reviewed with all current employees annually and with all new employees during their orientation to the Agency.